Manchester Literature Festival (MLF) began trading in 2006 and was built on the legacy of its successful predecessor, Manchester Poetry Festival. MLF provides unique and imaginative opportunities for audiences to experience high quality live literature via an annual festival format and associated project activities.
Our main objectives are:
- to showcase the very best in contemporary writing from across the world
- to commission innovative literature from established and emerging writers
- to provide opportunities for writers to experiment with new media in the production and presentation of their work
- to promote Manchester as a hub for international cultural exchange
- to provide inspirational opportunities for children and young people to engage in creative writing and reading activities.
Company Registration No. 4369668. Charity Registration No. 1121276.
Festival Co-Directors: Cathy Bolton & Sarah-Jane Roberts
Children and Young People's Programme Coordinator: Miriam Wild
Festival Fundraiser: Charlotte Platt
Digital Engagement Coordinator and Copywriter: Kate Feld
Volunteer Coordinator: Liz Coupe
Event Managers: Jon Atkin & Clare McCann
Board of Trustees: Katherine Beacon, Stella Bowdell, Martin Carr, Jerome de Groot, Ed Farrelly, Matthew Frost & Punam Ramchurn.
Press & PR: Lethal Communications, Catharine Braithwaite & Shelagh Bourke
Rachel Cooke (author and Observer critic)
Carol Ann Duffy (UK Poet Laureate)
Jackie Kay (Scottish Makar and Chancellor of Salford University)
Jenni Murray (broadcaster and anchor of BBC Radio 4’s Woman’s Hour)
Miranda Sawyer (broadcaster and journalist)
Michael Schmidt (poet, founder and editorial director of Carcanet Press & PN Review)
Erica Wagner (author, editor and broadcaster)