& Frequently Asked Questions
Tickets for our headline events are already on sale and tickets for the full 2022 Manchester Literature Festival will go on sale to MLF Get Closer Members on Wednesday 24 August and on general sale on Friday 26 August.
Tickets for most Manchester Literature Festival events can be booked through our main Box Office agent Quaytickets. You can book online or by phone on 0343 208 0500. The box office phone line is open Monday – Friday: 9am – 8pm, Saturday: 10am – 8pm, Sunday: 10am-6pm. For all events booked through Quaytickets there is a one-off e-ticket transaction fee of 75p.
You can purchase an MLF Get Closer Membership, which will give you 48 hours priority booking for all MLF events, here.
All the venues we use for Manchester Literature Festival events are wheelchair accessible. Please visit the links on our Venues page for further information and details about individual venues.
Concessionary rates for customers who identify as Disabled are available for most events and we offer Carer Goes Free tickets. The latter must be booked by phone (or via the booking enquiry form for events at the RNCM). If it's not possible to book by phone, please email your requirements and we will forward the information onto the relevant Box Office.
If you have any particular access needs that you would like to make us aware of, do please email our Admin Assistant, Mel on email@example.com to let us know, so we can reserve you a suitable seat and make sure your experience of attending the event is as enjoyable as possible.
MLF DIGITAL Events
You can watch a selection of previous #MLF Digital Events and New Commissions on the MLF Vimeo Channel.
If an event has to be cancelled by MLF due to any reason, including artist incapacity or new government restrictions, you will be offered a full refund. You can also purchase optional Ticket Refund Protection at the Quaytickets checkout, enabling you to apply for a refund if you are no longer able to attend an event due to personal illness/circumstances.
What to expect when you attend MLF events
• Events at Contact, HOME and the RNCM all feature Reserved Seating so if you'd like to sit with friends at an event, please book all seats together in the same transaction.
• Masks are no longer mandatory under Government guidance but we know that this phase of reopening is worrying for some of our more vulnerable audience members, so we are asking everyone to consider wearing a face covering if they are in close proximity to others for a significant amount of time, particularly when entering and leaving an event.
• We also encourage everyone to use the sanitation stations and be mindful of other audience members.
• Where possible, we will still operate a one-way flow of people in and out of events and book signings.
• MLF and venue staff may still request audiences to wear masks for book signings.
How you can help us
• Don’t visit if you have any symptoms of coronavirus
• Take a Lateral Flow test before events and don't attend if you test positive for coronavirus.
• Arrive 15 minutes before the event start time and follow instructions from festival/venue staff and volunteers who will be on hand to help you find your seat
• Continue to wear a mask or face covering
• Wash your hands regularly and sanitise on entering the venue
This is my first Manchester Literature Festival. How do I find out about future live and digital events?
You can join our mailing list here.
How can I make a donation to Manchester Literature Festival?
You can make a one-off or regular donation here.
Thank you for your support!