& Frequently Asked Questions
Tickets for most Manchester Literature Festival events will go on sale in early September and can be booked through our main Box Office agent Quaytickets. You can book online or by phone on 0343 208 0500. For all events booked through Quaytickets there is a one-off transaction fee of £2 and a 75p E-Ticket delivery charge. We offer Carer Goes Free tickets but these must be booked by phone.
You can purchase an MLF Get Closer Membership, which will give you 48 hours priority booking for all MLF events, here.
If an event has to be cancelled by MLF due to any reason, including artist incapacity or new government restrictions, you will be offered a full refund. You can also purchase optional Ticket Refund Protection at the Quaytickets checkout, enabling you to apply for a refund if you are no longer able to attend an event due to personal illness/circumstances.
Please note tickets for the following events are only available directly through HOME’s box office and can be booked online in person or by phone on 0161 200 1500. Box office opening hours are Monday – Sunday: 12.00-20.00.
From Manchester with Love: Paul Morley in Conversation with LoneLady
Saturday 9 October 2021, 3pm, HOME (Theatre)
Andrew O’Hagan & Tracey Thorn
Saturday 9 October 2021, 8pm, HOME (Theatre)
An Evening with Bernardine Evaristo
Monday 11 October 2021, 8pm (HOME Theatre)
Bob Stanley & Tessa Norton: Excavate!
Wednesday 13 October 2021, 6.30pm HOME (Cinema)
Tenement Kid: Bobby Gillespie in Conversation
Saturday 16 October 2021, 8pm, HOME (Theatre)
What to expect when you attend MLF events
• Responding to feedback from our recent audience survey, we have reduced the seating capacity at all our venues to allow for social distancing. If you’d like to sit with friends at an event, please book all seats together in the same transaction.
• Where possible we will be operating a one-way flow of people in and out of events and book signings.
• Masks are no longer mandatory under Government guidance but we know that this phase of reopening is worrying for some of our more vulnerable audience members, so we are asking everyone to consider wearing a face covering if they are in close proximity to others for a significant amount of time, particularly when entering and leaving an event.
• We also encourage everyone to use the sanitation stations and sign in using track and trace when entering venues.
• For specific information on HOME’s social distancing guidelines visit here.
How you can help us
• Don’t visit if you have any symptoms of coronavirus
• Arrive 15 minutes before the event start time and follow instructions from festival/venue staff and volunteers who will be on hand to help you find your seat
• Remember to use the test and trace app when you enter venues
• Give each other space
• Continue to wear a mask or face covering
• Wash your hands regularly and sanitise on entering the venue
This is my first Manchester Literature Festival. How do I find out about future live and digital events?
You can join our mailing list here.
How can I make a donation to Manchester Literature Festival?
You can make a one-off or regular donation here.
Thank you for your support!