& Frequently Asked Questions
Tickets for most Manchester Literature Festival events can be booked through our main Box Office agent Quaytickets. You can book online or by phone on 0343 208 0500. For all events booked through Quaytickets there is a one-off transaction fee of £2 and a 75p E-Ticket delivery charge. We offer Carer Goes Free tickets but these must be booked by phone.
You can purchase an MLF Get Closer Membership, which will give you 48 hours priority booking for all MLF events, here.
MLF DIGITAL Events
You will be able to watch all our #MLF21 Digital Events on the MLF Vimeo Channel.
All events will be available to watch from Monday 1 – Tuesday 30 November. You can book tickets for paid events through Quaytickets and you will be sent a link and password to the event 72 hours before the event goes live. Please note you do not have to book a ticket to view any of our free events.
You can book a Digital Pass to view all 21 of our this year's digital events for the one-off price of just £20!
If an event has to be cancelled by MLF due to any reason, including artist incapacity or new government restrictions, you will be offered a full refund. You can also purchase optional Ticket Refund Protection at the Quaytickets checkout, enabling you to apply for a refund if you are no longer able to attend an event due to personal illness/circumstances.
What to expect when you attend MLF events
• Responding to feedback from our recent audience survey, we have reduced the seating capacity at all our venues to allow for social distancing. If you’d like to sit with friends at an event, please book all seats together in the same transaction.
• Where possible we will be operating a one-way flow of people in and out of events and book signings.
• Masks are no longer mandatory under Government guidance but we know that this phase of reopening is worrying for some of our more vulnerable audience members, so we are asking everyone to consider wearing a face covering if they are in close proximity to others for a significant amount of time, particularly when entering and leaving an event.
• We also encourage everyone to use the sanitation stations and sign in using track and trace when entering venues.
• For specific information on HOME’s social distancing guidelines visit here.
How you can help us
• Don’t visit if you have any symptoms of coronavirus
• Arrive 15 minutes before the event start time and follow instructions from festival/venue staff and volunteers who will be on hand to help you find your seat
• Remember to use the test and trace app when you enter venues
• Give each other space
• Continue to wear a mask or face covering
• Wash your hands regularly and sanitise on entering the venue
This is my first Manchester Literature Festival. How do I find out about future live and digital events?
You can join our mailing list here.
How can I make a donation to Manchester Literature Festival?
You can make a one-off or regular donation here.
Thank you for your support!